Whenever we move, we’ve always done our own unpacking and it usually takes us weeks to get it all done. In fact, we still have a few boxes in our garage that are still waiting to be opened from our last move. So when a friend said that she’d hired an unpacking service for her last move, I understood why. Within a day her house was completely unpacked and looked like it had been lived in for a lot longer than that.
So, to help you decide if you should hire an unpacking service, I thought we’d review what to expect and when you might want to consider getting someone to help you unpack.
When to hire an unpacking service?
If you’re on a budget, then you need to carefully weigh whether it’s worth spending money on this type of service. So you may want to hire a professional service:
- When you cannot get extra time off of work to unpack, or you have a limited amount of time between jobs.
- If you’re a stay-home parent and you can’t fathom doing all the unpacking and settling the kids in at the same time.
- You packed all the boxes yourself and you can’t bear the thought of unpacking everything.
- You saved enough money and your moving budget still has some funds left and you feel exhausted from the move.
- When you have to have the unpacking done at a specific time. For instance, you moved during the holidays and you’re scheduled to host the festivities in your new home and you only have a week before relatives arrive.
- You hired professional packers to help you pack and move the entire house and you negotiate a good deal for them to also unpack your stuff.
What’s included in the service?
Each unpacking service is different, so it’s best to inquire about their full range of services.
Most will include the following:
- Unpack all boxes
- Unwrap items and make a list of anything broken
- Wipe off shelves. Extra cleaning services may be available.
- Put all items away.
- Organize the house from the kitchen drawers and cupboards to the linen closet.
- Set-up all extraneous items, such as the shower curtain, adjusting the clocks to the correct time, spreading the tablecloth, hanging pictures (if previously discussed).
- Assemble all furniture, including beds, desks and tables if the movers haven’t.
- Unpack and organize all clothing and make beds.
- Removal and recycling of boxes and packing materials.
To get a free quote on our unpacking service call:
Nelson (H.O.) Branch : 01282 706454
Blackburn Branch : 01254 919785
Preston Branch : 01772 285767
Bradford Branch : 01274 918600
Huddersfield Branch : 07440 753989
Skipton Branch : 01756 634438
Manchester Branch : 0161 6696097
“I was so impressed with working with all aspects of Via Removals from the start with you, then your follow-up staff and the crew that was sent to do the job that I have already told several people to ONLY use Via Removals for all their moves.” – By Emma
How do the they know where everything goes?
Most professional unpacking services are also professional organizers; they’ve unpacked and organized more households than the average person. In fact, I’ve been told that the professional unpacking service found solutions to problems that otherwise would’ve stumped the homeowner.
Also, most homeowners are around during the unpacking phase. If the unpackers have questions, they’ll ask. However, usually the unpackers will do their job without having to bother the homeowner.
What’s the cost for an unpacking service?
Prices vary depending on the size of home and how quickly you need it unpacked. Most services are completed in one day; however, if you need your home unpacked in half a day, there may be an additional charge.
Again, most companies will provide no obligation quotes, either online or by phone, so it’s best to shop around for a service in your area.
What our customers say
No problem at all
I used these guys yesterday and I had no problem at all they dismatled my beds and sofa and reassembled the new one in no time I will definitely recommend these guys
Thank you kass
CaitlinH-2 06 Feb 2016
Great job once again and would definitely tell others to use this firm and its outstanding staff support
Via Removals & Storage Ltd other services
We have a range of other services, including:
- Removal services, House clearance
- Assembling and disassembling
- Commercial and overseas removal
- Self storage
See our terms and conditions for more information.